I’m beginning the third straight week of working on the new house. In the evenings I come home from work and hustle down to the new house to put in a few hours, trying to get the house ready for us to buy and occupy. This has been a frustrating experience for me. I’m not very good at working with my hands, and I find that I miss my wife and children as I have been away so much. At the same time, this time has been eye-opening to me. In particular, I’m beginning to see all the illustrations of God’s truth that are sitting right in front of me. So, to try to make the best use of this experience, I will be writing about these thoughts, using this current experience of house-building as the springboard for these thoughts. I have a few articles lined up already, and, if I think of more, I’ll write them down too.
October 30, 2006
Reflections on House-Building–Introduction
This entry was posted on Monday, October 30th, 2006 at 1:17 pm and posted in Reflections on House-Building, Theology and Spirituality. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Search this site
- 47% done with Moby-Dick, by Herman Melville goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 2 weeks ago
- 32% done with Moby-Dick, by Herman Melville goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 1 month ago
- 19% done with Moby-Dick, by Herman Melville goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 1 month ago
- On page 83 of 240 of Trusting God, by Jerry Bridges goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 2 months ago
- 22% done with Lucifer's Hammer, by Larry Niven: Revisiting a classic. goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 4 months ago
Recently played games
Books I’m currently reading
My Instagram feed